Monday, August 31, 2009

The Ward Campout

Our family went camping over the weekend and we had a wild and rainy time.

We camped at Zion's Camp over in Belfair at the ward campout. We camped in the Teancum Loop with a bunch of other families that we know.

Day One:

We shared our campsite with our good friends, the Steinackers. And...we're still good friends, but I won't tell you what I overheard Anda say ;)
It was a pity we could only stay one night, because the tent to sooooo long to set up.
We had one of the nicest campsites there. This is where we ate s'mores and Steve was swallowing flaming marshmallows. His burn is healing quite nicely. :)
"Look, Ma, I'm camping."
"Raechel was bored, bored, bored, bored."
Kaela, I think that swing might be a little too big.
Nice farmer's tan, honey.
"I'm swimming, Mom"
"What? Do you have to take a picture ?"
We're the cool treehouse gang.

Day Two:

Wake up sleepy head.
Raechel was quick to get seconds.
Ethan looks mighty cold, huh?

Well, that's not surprising. Look what he's wearing!

Ethan, didn't you pack any warm clothes??
Nope, just toys and pjs.

We had a great time and hopefully will camp again soon. But, this time I'm checking the backpacks.

3 comments:

Debbie Murdock said...

You're brave to let Eli pack his own. Maryn always tries to sneak in her pet shop toys. Raechie...if Aunt Debbie was there you would've have been bored!!!

Donnie and Christina said...

Wow you guys are quick! We still haven't uploaded our camping pics! I am so glad you guys had a blast! You know...we should do a Meldrum reunion but with camping!

Kevin said...

Gosh AnneMarie, now I have to try and remember what it was I said/yelled... I'm mean in the mornings, that's for sure, more so if I'm sleeping in a tent and it's raining outside, blech! But what cute kids you have! The campout was a blast.