Wednesday, September 9, 2009

No Labor on Labor Day


I'm posting this a little late, but life has a way of getting in the way. That didn't make a lot of sense, but all the mothers out there know exactly what I'm talking about.

We went to China Lake Nature Area. It's just a little getaway spot just down from Tacoma Community College on 19th st. It's like a different world when you get in there.


We stopped and snacked on some blackberries before the trek into the woods.
We played hide and seek. Eli made it really difficult by skip counting. 1..2..3..4..6..8..9..11-teen..26..10..2..here I come.
Shhhh! Don't give me away, Mom!

My kids are experienced outdoorsmen and very serious about their nature explorations.
Well, mayble not that serious.
No, Ethan, you can't have a spoon to drink the lake.
Crazy Coreys.

Tadpoles in the water.
Queen of the Rock and the Sire of Silliness.

Big brother -- little brother bonding.

Ethan bonded with the ducks.
Too bad for, Eli.

Taking a break; too much energy output for me.

I wonder where the bark went?

I told Steve to smile.

Then I told him to show me his 'real' smile. Much more realistic.
I asked if they had a good time. I guess so!
Eli, it's time to go.
Eli! It's really time to go!
Lots of fun; lots of memories.

1 comment:

Donnie and Christina said...

I love little trips like that! We need to take the kids out more often on nature hikes!