Monday, September 28, 2009

E-I-E-I-O On the Farm

Last weekend we went to Royal City to stay with our good friends, the Andersens and Toftdahls. They live on an apple orchard and own a few hundred acres of farmland. We had the most amazing time. We did a lot of fun things with the family. The weather was perfect and the first day we went swimming in a really well-outfitted irrigation pond with a zip line, rope swing, slides and sand volleyball pit.

Although the Toftdahls own the land, they lease it out to other farmers. We were able to see them right in the middle of the potato harvest. We watched the potato harvester in the field and then the trucks taking them to the potato cellars down the road. When we visited the potato cellars, we were in complete awe. They were nearly a football field long and four stories tall. We watched as a conveyor belt shot the potatoes onto a huge pile. It was amazing.

Here are some pictures of our adventure:

Score, I found some potatoes.
Check out these babies.
Ok, I know there here somewhere.
This is a good haul.

No comments: