Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Even the best laid plans fail

OUR FIRST DAY OF
SUMMER BREAK
With the help of Kaela, I made a pancake breakfast. Yummy! Raechel read stories to Eli
Then, Kaela joined in on the fun. I created a chore list for each of them and they had to finish them before any fun stuff. It was all going well until Kaela had a complete breakdown. I guess cleaning your own room is a difficult task for a nine year old. I started her on a new medication yesterday and it made her grouchy, tired and irritable.
We were going to go to the library to sign up for summer reading, but that got scrapped, too. I ended up waiting at my husband's clinic with the children for an hour waiting for Raechel to get her knee looked at. I gave up and left Raechel with her daddy and took the rest of the kids home. Eli fell asleep in the car and Kaela was still very tired. I had planned to watch a movie with them, but I got home and tucked both of them into bed. Ethan and I just sat at home and waited for Daddy and Raechel to get home. Raechel came home with a swollen knee from an injection to strengthen it. We ate dinner, had a short family home evening and went to bed. It was not at all what I had planned, but I'm hoping today will be funner and less grouchy.

1 comment:

Debbie Murdock said...

I've found planning with children never works out the way you imagine it would. Thank goodness you have the rest of the summer to catch up. Tell Kaela to talk to her Aunt Debbie about cleaning her room...I hated it but was able to make up a cool game to make it go faster.