Friday, November 14, 2008

A Life Lesson

Everything Has a Purpose...

It all started last week when I had to run to the store and purchase some items for Young Womens that night. If any of you know me, I hate going to the store with all my children. I'd rather poke daggers in my eyes. Truly. But, there I was at Fred Meyers and I was about to get the little one out of the car when I realized that I left my purse at home. Of course, I was frustrated and annoyed, but when I got home.... then I realized that I had left brownies in the oven and they would have been completely burned if I hadn't have come home right then.

I started telling myself that everything must have a purpose. If I didn't come home, I'd have a smoky house and burnt brownies. The motto has worked pretty well. Let me tell you how I applied it to the next situation:

See the broken glass.
See the ball.
See how the ball hit the glass and made it broken.
Don't see how Mom got mad and spanked the little child who was holding the ball and who she thought hit the glass. (Mom apologized to that little child and he said, 'Ok, Mommy." Thank you, little forgiving little child. Mommy was so sorry!)

So here's where the motto fits in:
Everything has a purpose.

The purpose in breaking the glass was so that a big child could blame a little child and mommy would find out and give the big child a huge object lesson on being honorable and having integrity.

Life lesson learned.
Why do they have to be so painful and so expensive?

6 comments:

Debbie Murdock said...

Fantastic about saving your brownies...so sorry about the broken glass. I feel somewhat responsible because I was distracting you by talking to you online! Shame on me!

Kelly said...

BUMMER! Lifes lessons can be rough some times! Sorry it has to be one you have to pay to fix! Hope the brownies were good! I hope you rewarded yourself with a treat (snickers) or somthing good at the store that always seems to help me when I'm having a hard day!
The blog backdrop looks great and the kids school photos are darling!

Sapp Family said...

First of all, I can't believe Steve is only 27! I didn't realize how young he is. Secondly, are you guys building a house? How exciting...we can't wait until we can start building our home. I know I'm going to have moments when my children break something too and I hope that I can handle it as well as you did. Tell the ward hi, I miss you guys!

The Jensen's said...

Oh my goodness! You sure had an eventful day! You're a good mom :) Your kids are very lucky to have you.

Anne Marie Corey said...

Maryann, that was a big joke. Steve is really 40. I just didn't have any other candles and we did this makeshift birthday party with ding dongs. We had a blast!

Donnie and Christina said...

I hate lifes lessons...but love them too at the same time. I just wished it weren't so darn painful to go through! LOL