100th Post!!!
I'm excited that this is my 100th post. I can't believe how fast that goes. It's neat to look back and see all the memories. So, for my 100th post, I'd thought I'd share with you our current circumstances and the story of our General Conference surprise.
About three months ago, Steven's hours were cut back at work to two days per week. It was quite a shock and he immediately started looking for work. Unfortunately, he's not the only one looking for work and it's been a difficult task. Tragically, four weeks ago, his employer took his own life and the clinic Steve has worked at for 8 years was forced to close.
Thankfully, the Lord has blessed us with all we need and then some. Steve has been helping the family by working at the clinic to pay down some of the clinic's debts and they have been helping him out for it. Also, he was offered a couple of different positions and now has the difficult task of choosing between good and better. Not easy!
We've been so blessed through out this whole ordeal. Even though our temporal lives have been in great upheaval, spiritually, we've been just fine. We have a lot of peace in our home and in our minds. I know that Heavenly Father is taking care of us and he keeps whispering to me, "I'm here and everything is going to be ok."
Well...Here's our surprise. We had just finished watching the Sunday morning session of General Conference when Steve heard some soft thuds and then a knock at the door. He looked through the blinds and saw a blur pass by him. He ran to the front door, but whoever it was had gotten away. He looked down and saw this outside our door:
4 comments:
Yay for the 100th post!!! And wow for the surprise!
Thanks for making me tear up so early in the morning. I am so grateful that you are being taken care of. It is so hard to be down here when I know I could be there helping you. There is not a night that goes by that we don't pray for your family's success and well being.
Oh Anne, I'm so sorry you've had to deal with this! What a wonderful family to do that, brought tears to my eyes! When I was in Jr. High, my dad was out on strike for 69 days, we had a family like that bring us food, it was wonderful as well! Thank you for sharing, I'll be praying for you and your family! Much love!
Wow! I am in tears reading this wonderful blessing you had received. I am in awe of your children on how spiritual they are and how they show how greatful they are. They are amazing! We love you all!
Post a Comment