Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What's For Lunch?

Every day around noon, my kids and I have the same conversation.
"Mom, what's for lunch?"
"I don't know, yet. What do you want?"
"I don't know, but I'm hungry."
"If you tell me what you want then I'll make it for you."
"But, I don't know what I want. Can I have pizza?"
"No"
"Then what can I have?"
"How about peanut butter and jelly?"
"But, I don't want that...."
And so it goes on and on.
Well, one day I decided to be prepared for that conversation. It went something like this:
"Mom, what's for lunch?"
"Octopus."
"WHAT?!?"
"Yeah, I'm making octopus and shells."
"That's disgusting. I'm not eating that (followed by whimpers and groaning.)"
"But, you'll love it, I promise."
They all walked out and looked at the table and lunch was smiling up at them. No matter what I tried, I couldn't convince them that the octopus was really a hot dog and that it really didn't have tentacles.

They bit the heads off, but wouldn't touch the tentacles.
Food is always better when it smiles back at you!

6 comments:

Debbie Murdock said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!! Oh boy...very creative, very creative indeed.

Donnie and Christina said...

That is the CUTEST idea I have seen for a hot dog yet! I love it and stealing it!!

The Jensen's said...

That is so cute... I'll have to remember that one when I've got my own little picky eaters :)

Sapp Family said...

Sister Corey! I love the hot dog with pasta idea!! That is sooooo neat! I am definitely going to use that for my kids!!!

Kelly said...

What a Cool Mom! My kids would be all over that~!
Have to try it tomorrow!

LindaL said...

Hi Anne,
Just reading your blog and came across the octopus story. That was so funny, I didn't expect that at all. I can't belive they wouldn't eat it!