Friday, April 4, 2008

And then there was me...

Anne Marie
My husband took this picture. I can tell because I only smile like that when I'm looking at him. Ok, ok, too mushy. I'm a romantic at heart. My favorite author is Jane Austen who penned my favorite book of all time, Pride and Prejudice. Her works are genius and worth the read. I can't stand reading a book and feeling like I have to read the scriptures for four hours just to wash the filth out of my head. I never feel that way after reading Austen. Strangely enough, I do start saying very British things like "I am most honestly displeased" and "He just did it for caprice." Fortunately, I think it's broadening my childrens' vocabulary. I laugh when I hear my 7-year-old say things like, "that's just atrocious, Mom." I love it!
Reading is just one of my passions. My first love is music. I have classical taste and love just about every type of music, except Rap (which I don't consider music), and (please don't hate me) Country. Don't get me wrong, I do like some country and about 6 or maybe 5 rap songs, but I prefer other things much better. I play the piano and cello fairly proficiently. I sing, write music and teach piano. My head is filled with it. When I want to write a song, I feel like the music is already there and that I just push a download button and it floods into my head. Crazy, but it's the truth. I get my best inspiration in the shower. Strange? Yes, but that's because there are no children in there! My husband always wonders why I take such long showers; now he'll know why. Hee hee
Another of my passions is my family. I love being a mom; a stay-at-home one at that. Other moms can't wait for vacations to be over so their kids can get back to school. I can't wait until vacations start. I love spending time with my children. I love spending time with all my family. I have six other brothers and sisters, and I love family get togethers. I can honestly say that in this life all my choices have been to strengthen my family. There have been conflicts that have come up over time and I have never regretted making that choice. My happiest times in life have always occured when I was with my family.
So, that's us, the Corey Family.

1 comment:

Debbie Murdock said...

Look at you Little Miss Blogger! I'm glad you included yourself. Wouldn't be a complete family without the Mom.