Thursday, April 3, 2008

'Honey'

Steven or Corey? When I first met my husband I couldn't figure out if his name was Steve or Corey. He introduced himself as Steve, but then everyone kept calling him Corey. Finally, after about 8 hours and some serious deduction, I realized his name was both Steven and Corey. Well, I've found out for myself the joy of having two first names. I love the fact that he just goes with it. He's the type of person that just goes with the flow in a lot of things. It takes a lot to ruffle his feathers. But, for heaven's sake, don't ever tell him he's wrong when he absolutely knows he's right. He won't back down for a moment.

We've been married for 13 wonderful years. I think we only get through it because of Steve's sense of humor. His motto is, "If you can't laugh at someone else, who can you laugh at?" He finds a joke in everything. I think it's his way of seeing the lighter side of everything. If he can laugh at it, he can survive it.

Steve's passion is guns. He loves to shoot them, collect them, hold them, clean them and, yes, he even keeps a picture of his dream gun on his computer. I told him that I never worry about him cheating on me with a woman; just his gun. Considering the neighborhood we live in, I don't mind his obsession too much. It's sure better than collecting belly button lint or some other freaky thing. Ugh!


1 comment:

Debbie Murdock said...

Nice pink ear muffs! The color suits you Steve. :) I would've never pegged him for a gun man. Men and there secret obsessions.