Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The things kids say...

It seems that everyday I am constantly put in my place by my kids. The words that come out of their mouths are mystifying. A week ago, Ethan and I were playing on the computer together and he decided he needed a snack. So, he prepared a meal out of fruit snacks, apple sauce and a granola bar. As he went to get a drink to complete this delectable meal and sugar and high carbs, I decided to open his apple sauce for him. When he got back, he was affronted. "Who opened my apple sauce?" he cried.
"Well, I did. I thought I would do it for you," I retorted.
"Mom, you need to communicate that to me," he said in all seriousness.
It took all my might not to bust out laughing. I told him that next time I would try to communicate better with him. He seemed satisfied, but oh how I wanted to die laughing. Kids -- you gotta love what they have to say.


No comments: