Spring Break
We had such a great week last week. Last year we laid around the house and did nothing, so we made sure that this year we had fun. Here's our packed week:
Monday, we made a menu for the week and went to Costco. All the kids had their responsibilities. Raechel pushed the cart on and off; Kaela organized things in the cart; Ethan was the food getter and Eli was the complainer. After all the shopping we snacked on Churos.
Tuesday, we got together with friends and saw Horton Hears a Who. My friend and I planned it without the kids and met at the theatre. We both acted with feigned surprise when the kids saw each other. "Mom, did you know they were going to be there?" they asked. "Isn't it a big surprise?" I pretended.
Wednesday, my sister and I took our kids to the Hands on Museum in Olympia. They kids had a fantastic time. After about 20 minutes I was ready to go. Eli looked like Dash and Jack-Jack on speed. He flitted back and forth through the exhibits like a hummingbird. I turned my head for one second and one of the museum employees was asking me, "is this your son?" AHHHH, just one second. My sister and I were so tired that we went back to her house and napped while the kids watched the movie, Waterhorse.
Thursday, I taught piano. Busy day for me, the kids just vegged.
Friday, we went to the park and played for hours. It was sunny and beautiful. They rolled down the grass hill until they saw termites in the grass. Ewwwww!
Saturday, it was over 70 degrees. Daddy worked on the wiring and the kids enjoyed Star Wars until late in the day. Then we took scooters to the park and went exploring.
All in all, it was a great week and this is how we all felt at the end....
Wiped Out
3 comments:
I like the Dash and Jack Jack on speed comment. I just just picture it!
That sounds like a perfect week! Eli's role as a complainer seems so out of character, though...
The "zilonis" comment is actually Anda, by the way. :)
Post a Comment