Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hair or No Hair, That is the Question

So, I know the purpose of husbands. They are buffer zones so mother's don't strangle their children.

On Saturday, the boys had just finished their bath and I was tucking them into bed. I gave Ethan his hug and kiss and he looks up at me with the strangest expression and said, "Did you go into the bathroom, yet?"
'Hmmm," I thought, 'That can't be good.'
"Did you get water everywhere, Ethan?" I replied.
Then he just looked at me with a guilty expression and an apparent need to lay down and go to sleep right away.
'Hmmmm," I thought, 'This really can't be good.'
So, I finished tucking in Eli and thought that I had better get into the bathroom and clean up all the water before it seeps through the floor. I opened the bathroom door and saw this:
"ETHAN!!!!!!!," I screamed. Then, my loving and humorous husband quickly came to me side.

"No, Anne, this is funny. You have to laugh at this. He has to look like this:"IIt took every ounce of patience I had to not blow up. After awhile, I began to see the humor and had a great idea that maybe everyone should enjoy Ethan's 'haircut.' I made him clean up the mess, because that's what hairdressers have to do, right? I also informed him that he would have to go to church tomorrow with his new haircut. Hey, and why not just wait until Aunt Bev comes to give you the real hair cut that you were supposed to get on Thursday.So, here is Ethan's new doo. I've been letting the whole school enjoy Ethan's haircut. It's funny, though, nobody seems to have noticed much. I never realized how messy his hair usually looks.
Thank you, Steven, for helping laugh at something that needed to be laughed at. Messes get cleaned up, boys learn lessons, and, thankfully, HAIR GROWS BACK!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

WOW... What a funny story! That's a good story to tell for a talk when he is going a mission or a wedding lunchon, something! Thank Heavens for husbands and helping us when we think the world has come to a end! Love that you had him clean it up cause that's what hair dressers do! Ha! I thinkhe looks hansdsome with the new cut. It kind looks like the new hair styles now a days. I want to know what he thought of his hair cutting skills? Did it bother him to go to school or church with it?
He looks soo old! Crazy!
Thanks for the fun reads!

Sapp Family said...

I love your family! You guys are so funny...especially your husband. :) I love reading about your children and their little mishaps...it helps me to prepare myself mentally for when Aimee gets older. I miss you guys!

Kevin said...

Looks pretty handsome to me, I don't know if there is a lesson to be learned... Maybe he should cut his own hair from now on! That's what my kid's heads look like after I cut their hair!