Deaf and Dumb
I have an assignment to be deaf today. I'm so frustrated! It's official -- my children don't actually listen to me. Well, actually, Eli is a really good communicator. He thinks it's terribly funny and keeps laughing at me. When he wants me to do something he comes and taps me and pulls me to where he wants me to go. I guess he's just used to nobody understanding him.
I have an assignment to be deaf today. I'm so frustrated! It's official -- my children don't actually listen to me. Well, actually, Eli is a really good communicator. He thinks it's terribly funny and keeps laughing at me. When he wants me to do something he comes and taps me and pulls me to where he wants me to go. I guess he's just used to nobody understanding him.My other kids are just whining and complaining with a few tears mixed in. Luckily, Raechel is gone all day at the Dance Festival. She is the worst of the bunch. She complained all the way down to the Tacoma Dome. I'm just really surprised at how my children don't ever get my attention when they speak to me. They always complain that I don't listen, but half the time I don't even know they're talking to me. Crazy!
It is also interesting the way I've been treated. I have a note I give people explaining that this is a social experiment and that my children will talk for me. People were really nice, but you could tell they just wanted to hurry up and get away. It's must be very difficult for people with disabilities. I'm so grateful that mine is only temporary. Hopefully, I'll learn something from this experience and that I didn't have to be tortured for no reason.
1 comment:
I remember when I was a kid I used to try to get by without some of my senses like blindfolding myself to see how I would get around the house. It is really frustrating. Try tying your fingers together and playing the piano.
Post a Comment