Our biggest outing was to the aquarium. There was a lot to see and do. They had a beauriful exhibit called Oddwater. They had blown glass inside the aquarium tanks and lit it with black light. The effect was, well, illuminating!
Well, I guess we came to the right place. The weird Coreys will fit right in here.

Here we are in all our oddness.

"I shall call you squishy and you shall be my squishy!"

Ok, there's no fish, yeah, yeah, but the glass is so pretty.

Whoa! What kind of fish are those!?! Eliathon, Kaelapicanosa, Ethaniopia.

Holy Toledo, these things are huge. They are called the Japanese Spidercrabs. All I could think of is, 'Where is the oil and butter? I need a fork."

Big squishies.

Dare to be different.

Doesn't this starfish look like it's getting a spongebath?

The family all got to touch everything here. The anemone tendrils stick to you when you touch them.

The kids were so excited to show me this. Every few minutes a new rush of water comes out and they wanted to scare me. Some stupid kids ratted them out and they were all disappointed. Oh well, it was still pretty cool.

Eli is watching the waterbirds. We saw common Muirs and Puffins.

We got to see them feed the birds. They dove down to get the little fishes. It was great.

Such a pretty bird, I mean girl.

Puffins are incredible seabirds. Not only are they beautiful with bright, yellow-orange beaks and wild tufts flowing from the crown of their heads, but they can hold their breath under water for almost 5 minutes. There is also this really great breakfast cereal named after them. Tasty!
No comments:
Post a Comment