Friday, August 15, 2008

William O. Patterson Family Reunion

I am a descendant of William O. Patterson, through my grandmother, Leah Agnes Patterson, and her son, Ted Meldrum. On the evening of the Aug. 1st, we all went to my Aunt Sue and Uncle Jay's house just a few minutes out of town for our family reunion. She has a delightful home and it was so great to see my cousins and Aunts and Uncles, especially my grandfather.

My great aunt Reva is in the red and white striped shirt. She is my Grandma Meldrum's sister and she reminded me a lot of her. It's been a few years since my grandmother passed away.
The food was fantastic. I had even more yummy milk products and got even sicker. But, oh, I really like seafood lasagne and I couldn't pass up fresh clam chowder!
Kaela is looking longingly outside wishing she didn't have to eat, ever.
My parents are in the front of the photo with their backs turned. They are easy to spot; they are wearing flannel and tourist.


Kaela finally got out. Run, Kaela, run away!
Raechel didn't have many kids her age. She's in that weird stage were sometimes she decides she's too grown up to play, but then I catch her in her room playing Barbies with her younger sister. Stay young, child, as long as you can.
What are those two boys up to?
Eli, they're in the woods hiding from you!
Ah-ha, caught you! This is my cousin Leah on the left and Amy on the right. Leah is the designated hair designer and Amy is the designation trouble maker. And, oh, Amy has some stories she could tell about me!
This is my Grandpa Donald Meldrum. He's the best grandpa and I miss him terribly. I was able to have a good chat and give him all the love I could in the short amount of time we had.
My grandpa, myself and Steven, my better half.
They called a family meeting, but I ducked out really quick with my cousin Amy and we chatted away from the grumpy grown-ups. Ah, it's nice to still be thought of as the kids.


Eli played all night long. He had so much fun trying to be a big boy like his brother.

The kids roasted marshmallows.

I have no idea what they are doing. Raechel must have had this pose all day. Oh wait, her legs are uncrossed. Ok, she did move.

Uh, oh, they're crossed again. There is no telling how long she can hold that pose. The boy bent over is my cousin Darcy's son, Brock. My kids had the best time playing with him and his older brother, Boston. I reallly felt like I was on vacation.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I always love the way you caption the pictures, you're hillarious! I miss you guys!

Kelly said...

Looks like FUN! Nothing better than being on vacation with the family and then top it off with the fire! WOW! Grandpa was thrilled to get to be with you I'm sure! You look Great! Your hair looks so pretty Long like that! Love you guys! Happy Birthday Kaylea!